I am so pleased to post about one of my favorite crafter and designers: Alicia Paulson. Her website and blog are endless sources of inspiration. Blending eastern European motifs and early American folk style the impression of her projects is one of effortless nostalgia, comfort and beauty. I was also thrilled to receive her book Embroidery Companion for Christmas (thank you Mom and Dad!), and it is up there as one of my favorite craft guides. Beautifully illustrated, it contains practical craft projects that you'll actually want to make- and will have reason to use!! I am most excited about trying out the pattern for a strawberry tablecloth, an adorable notions needle book and an ambitious blackwork sampler, a style I was completely in the dark about.
In addition to her website, books, purchasable patterns and craft kits, Alica Paulson also offers free patterns as PDFs!! As I found this past weekend, the quick and easy pattern to dress up a pillow case is a perfect craft for a busy weekend that takes no new materials. I finished my pillowcases in the span of a disappointing Carolina/ Kentucky basketball game- but was I sad about the loss? How could I be with such cute, hand stitched pillowcases.
In addition to her website, books, purchasable patterns and craft kits, Alica Paulson also offers free patterns as PDFs!! As I found this past weekend, the quick and easy pattern to dress up a pillow case is a perfect craft for a busy weekend that takes no new materials. I finished my pillowcases in the span of a disappointing Carolina/ Kentucky basketball game- but was I sad about the loss? How could I be with such cute, hand stitched pillowcases.
Find the free pattern here.
Admittedly, my finished product is pretty shabby when you compare it to the pristine Queen Anne’s Lace bloom on the pillow pictured in the directions. In my defense, the fabric and transfer paper were very uncooperative… and so was the invisible ink pen I tried after that. However, being as determined as I am I went for the next best thing- an ink pen. I ended up free handing almost the entire pattern on my second pillow case, and although not the truest replication of the original, I think it looks mighty nice all the same, and it really helped to ease the pain of loosing the ball game.
No comments:
Post a Comment